Skip to main content

Phoenixville Public Library Spring 2009 Speakers and Events Announced

The Phoenixville Public Library has announced their Spring 2009 schedule of speakers and events.

All programs will be held in the Community Room and are free and open to the public. Reservations are required. For reservations or more information call 610-933-3013, ext. 32 or e-mail mpinto@ccls.org.

Click to view the schedule

Phoenixville Public Library
Spring 2009
Speakers and Events

The Nine Biggest Mistakes Investors Make When Planning for Retirement
Thursday, March 5 * 7:00 PM
Presented by Robert P. Friedman, Managing Director & Investment Officer, Friedman Financial Services Group, Wachovia Securities

Lyme Disease
Monday, March 16 * 7:00 PM
Presented by Dr. Martin Mulders, Functional and Wellness Sciences Institute, Jeffersonville

Meet Your Self: Understanding the Energy/Chakra System as a Map to Wholeness
Thursday, March 19 * 7:00 PM
Presented by Maria J. Garcia, The Soul Center, Phoenixville

Resume Writing and Job Search
Monday, March 30 * 7:00 PM
Presented by Jane Lang, Director of Student Employment Services & Co-op, Delaware County Community College

Raising Financially Responsible Children
Thursday, April 16 * 7:00 PM
Presented by Caroline Andresen, Financial Services Professional, New York Life Insurance Company

Greening Your Interiors
Thursday, April 23 * 7:00 PM
Presented by Tammie Linville, Residential Designer, Gehman Custom Remodeling, Harleysville

The Schuylkill Navigation
Monday, April 27 * 7:00 PM
Presented by Dr. Christopher Jones

Ancient Pompeii: Loss and Recovery
Thursday, April 30 * 7:00 PM
Presented by Dr. Henry Bender, Chair of Humanities and Chair of Classics, The Hill School

Introduction to Backpacking & Wilderness Survival
Thursday, May 7 * 7:00 PM
Presented by Doug Riexinger, Park Maintenance Staff, Nottingham County Park

Off the Beaten Track: Stories from Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan
Thursday, May 28 * 7:00 PM
Presented by Laura Mack, LKM Creative Solutions

The Phoenixville Public Library is located at 183 Second Avenue, Phoenixville, PA.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Registration Open for 2nd Annual Girls Basketball Camp

2018 marks the second year for the Phoenixville Girls Basketball Camps. Head Coach AJ Thompson, the girls basketball staff, and current members of the PAHS girls basketball team will work with campers to develop solid fundamental basketball skills, good sportsmanship, and most importantly have fun. The campers will participate in skill competitions, 3 vs. 3 or 5 vs. 5 games, guest speakers, & skill stations. Camp will be conducted to ensure your camper is learning and having fun in a safe structured atmosphere.

The camp offers two sessions. The first session, for students entering grades 3-6 and is for learning and having fun. The afternoon session is for students entering grades 7-9 and is geared towards players looking for a serious 2hr/day workout with high school staff and players.

For more information and to register, visit http://www.oasyssports.com/PhoenixvilleSummer/content/athletic-camps/athletics_girls-basketball-camp.

Rhythm at Reeves Featuring Patrice & The Show Coming to Reeves Park on August 25th

Celebrate the last Saturday of the Summer with Patrice & The Show at the Reeves Park Bandshell! Led by front woman Patrice Hawthorne of Peaches and Herb fame, this ten-piece band with its multi-talented musicians and vocalists has more than 70 years of combined experience! In addition to the live music, the event will also feature food trucks and family friendly activities.

For more information, please visit Phoenixville First or the Facebook Event page.

Local Baker Wins on Netflix Sugar Rush

Peri Anderson, owner of Brooklyn Girl Bakery, was part of a team that won the most recent episode of Sugar Rush on Netflix. I reached out to Peri to learn a little more about her bakery:
I started out taking a recreational cake decorating class with my mom when I was still living in NY. I loved it and moved to PA to be with my boyfriend (now husband), where I began interning for a bakery in Chestnut Hill. Over the course of 7 years I worked my way up from intern to pastry chef until I decided to leave in 2012. I do all of my baking in our home kitchen which is licensed and insured by the Dept. of Agriculture. Initially, I wanted to focus on wedding cakes so I immediately started contacting wedding venues in the area to see if they would include me a wedding cake vendor in their packages. I currently work with over 10 venues and several caterers in the area. While wedding cakes are my main focus, I also make cakes and cookie favors for all occasions. While I don’t have a retail locatio…